Wednesday, March 19, 2014

WIP Wednesday!

Joining in on the WIP fun today at Freshly Pieced!

I am in the midst of sandwiching and machine quilting the three baby quilts. I am doing a combination of straight line machine quilting and hand tying. I am using the same wool blend yarn on all three to further tie them together. The hand tying is more decorative in this case. Then I will bind the quilts, wash and dry them, and add a little hand embroidered tag to each one (letting the kiddos know their quilt was made with love by aunty Jeanne). :)

So, with out further ado, here are some pictures. Enjoy!










And this is one of the best investments I have made in quilting...curved safety pins! Love them! I am still figuring out the best way, for me and my space, to sandwich my quilts together. I have spray basted, pinned, and even hand stitched basting stitches. For these three quilts I used a combination of spray basting and pinning.


Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you are doing what I'm doing today. I too machine quilt on my sewing machine. Fun fun fun! It is more fun to have them finished though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i was just saying to my husband that would probably send my quilts out if i had the money...hehhe...but there is something satisfying in doing the whole quilt from start to finish. :)

      Delete